Drinks tend to be the sneakiest sources of calories and sugar in our diets. Fruit juices (including freshly pressed juice), sodas, and even your favorite specialty coffee drink are all filled with so much sugar that they increase your likelihood of gaining fat while making it difficult for your body to get into ketosis.
With all of the confusing marketing terms like “low-carb,” “low-sugar,” “natural,” etc. it is hard to tell what drinks are actually keto-friendly and what drinks are just made to capitalize off of current market trends. For this reason, we have put together a list of top 5 keto-friendly beverages you can consume.
1. Low-carb strawberry smoothie
Sometimes you just crave a smoothie… and this recipe meets all the mouthwatering requirements. Fresh strawberries, coconut milk, and hints of vanilla and lime. Mix up a big batch for the whole family. Super easy to grab-and-go on a busy morning!
- 14 oz. unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 oz. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Using canned coconut milk (drain off the liquid) makes a creamier, more satisfying smoothie.
- Add more lime juice if you like.
Tip: Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil if you want a more filling smoothie.
You may also substitute the coconut milk for 1¼ cups Greek yogurt if you prefer a dairy-based smoothie. If so, add a little water for a more liquid consistency. Have fun!
2. Keto Chai latte
Spice up your mug with this warm and fragrant classic. Chai tea, served as a keto style latte, is perfect for the colder months. You’ll love this creamy blend.
- 1 tbsp chai tea
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Brew the tea in piping hot water according to instructions on the package. Be sure to let it get as much flavor as possible without turning bitter.
- Heat up the cream in the microwave or small saucepan and add to the tea before serving.
3. Low-carb ginger smoothie
How much do we love smoothies? This one’s dairy free and made with coconut milk. Mix up a big batch for the whole family. Simple. Delicious. Low carb. Need we say more?
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 oz. frozen spinach
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Mix all ingredients together. Start with 1 tablespoon lime and increase the amount to taste.
- Sprinkle with some grated ginger and serve. So tasty!!
Tip: Prep your smoothies ahead of time to ease the morning rush. They last in the fridge for up to 2 days. Use an air tight lid and remember to shake well before drinking!
4. Low-carb blueberry smoothie
This is the perfect on-the-go, easy-peasy, low-carb breakfast. Fresh, flavorful blueberries meet their match when combined with coconut milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Make a big batch for the whole family to enjoy! Divine!
- 14 oz. canned, unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 oz. frozen blueberries or fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Taste, and add more lemon juice if desired.
5. Butter coffee
Butter and oil in your coffee? Sure. A few sips of this piping hot keto coffee emulsion, and you’ll be ready to take on the world. Fill ‘er up!
- 1 cup hot coffee freshly brewed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve immediately.
One last thing… you should try this odd “carb trick” that burns up to 1 pound of belly fat per day…
“All this by Flavor-Pairing?” I asked.
I met an old friend for lunch last month and I was super impressed with how good she looked.
She said, “It’s not so much about the Flavor-Pairing, but more about how it re-awakens what the Japanese call, ‘the weight loss doubling molecule’ which signals 22-hour a day fat-burning effect in the female body.”
Even though I was skeptical, I’ve been struggling with my weight over the last few years, so I gave it a shot and watched the same video she did.
Well, it’s only a couple weeks later and you know what they say about how “you can’t transform your body overnight”…
They’re right – it actually took me 16 days to lose 22 pounds.
Now it’s my girlfriends asking ME what I’M doing differently 💅